If asylee wants to travel, he should apply for Refugee travel document. Since for asylee it is approved only for a year and it cannot be extended then asylee can travel only up to a year. A grant of asylum does not eliminate any prior periods of unlawful presence. An asylee who had accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence time prior to having filed the bona fide asylum application, will trigger the bar to admission, if he departs the U.S. while traveling on a valid refugee travel document. When the asylee presents the travel document at a port of entry, he can be permitted to reenter the U.S. to resume status as an asylee; however, the asylee will be inadmissible when he applies to adjust status to lawful permanent resident (green card), and a waiver would be required at that time. If asylee does not obtain a Reentry Permit and remain outside the US for one (1) year or more, it may be determined that he has abandoned his status.